UFC’s premier light heavyweight contenders, Jan Blachowicz and Aleksandar Rakic, fought two fierce rounds before the event ended unhappily with an injury early in the third frame.
After immobilizing his right leg, Rakić collapsed to the floor in excruciating pain and was unable to continue the fight, while Blachowicz scored a TKO victory at 1:11:11 in Round 3 of the main event of the UFC on ESPN 36 event on Saturday. UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
The two heavy hitters spent little time exchanging punches and kicks at close range with the start of the contest. Rakic drew blood in the opening minute with a sharp jab that ruptured Blachowicz’s left eye, and he also chewed on his opponent’s forelimbs with an unpleasant low kick. The former champ stood firm and scored a goal with his heavy left hand in the second half, damaging Rakic’s leg with a repeated slash.
Rakic started the second game with a quick takedown and then took a few submission attempts to take the top spot. Blachowicz did his best to play underground, but Rakic was able to maintain a dominant position until the end of the frame.
When the two were about to engage again in Game 3, Rakic’s right leg was noticeably torn from a ligament rupture and he awkwardly fell to the canvas. Blachowicz appeared to refrain from attacking the injured enemy, but referee Mark Smith stopped the game as Rakic could not defend himself.
Scroll to continue
This win puts former light heavyweight champ Blachowicz (29-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) into a fight for a belt again with the winner of the June title fight in the UFC between current champion Glover Teixeira and contender Jiri Prochazka in the June title fight. There is. 275 Singapore. Meanwhile, Rakichi (MMA 14-3, UFC 6-2) is continuing their winning streak.
Here are the full UFC on ESPN 36 results:
Main card (ESPN2, ESPN+)
- Jan Blakovich def. Aleksandar Rakić TKO (leg injury) – 3rd round, 1:11
- Ryan Span def. Ion Cutelaba (Guillotine Choke) via Submission – Round 1, 2:22
- Davy Grant def. Louis Smolka via knockout (punch) – Round 3, 0:49
- Catelyn Chukagian def. Amanda Ribas via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Manuel Torres def. Frank Camacho via TKO (Punch) – Round 1, 3:27
- Alan Nacimento def. Unanimous Jake Hadley (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Spare card (ESPN2, ESPN+)
- Vivian Araujo def. Andrea Lee unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 29-27)
- Michael Johnson def. Knockout with Alan Patrick (Punch) – Round 2, 3:22
- Birna Zandanova def. Angela Hill unanimously (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Tatsuro Taira def. Unanimous Carlos Candelario (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Andre Petrowski def. Nick Maximov (anaconda choke) via technical submission – Round 1. 1:16
more MMA applied area: