Courteney Cox is an American actress and producer who has a net worth of $150 million dollars. Cox is best known for her roles in Friends, Scream, and the popular sitcom Cougar Town, for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe.
She has appeared on Shameless and Modern Family shows. Between her acting roles, Cox signed endorsements with famous brands and co-founded “Coquette Productions” with her ex-husband David Arquette.
Key facts to know
- The second richest Friends alum after Jennifer Anniston.
- He owns $40 million worth of real estate.
- They make about 30 million dollars a year.
- It earns about $3 million per month.
- I own a car worth $2 million.
- Breakthrough – “dancing in the dark”.
Courtney Cox net worth
As of 2022, Courteney Cox has a net worth of approximately $150 million. She is the second wealthiest Friends family after Jennifer Anniston. The royalties of her friends are her main source of income. Cox is said to have earned between $10 million and $20 million in royalties alone.
She also earns money from other shows, movies, endorsements and public appearances. Cox earned about $88 million over 10 seasons on “Friends.” Cox also earns $20 million a year in syndication royalties from Friends.
She earned about $6 million from 2009 to 2015 for her role in Cougar Town. In 2013, Cox signed a lucrative contract as a spokesperson for Pantene.
Courtney Cox Salary
- Cox was paid $22,500 per episode in the first season, but as the show grew in popularity, his salary increased from $75,000 to $85,000.
- Cox started making $100,000 per episode in season 5, $125,000 per episode in season 6, $750,000 per episode in seasons 7 and 8, and has earned $1 million per episode over the past two seasons.
- Cox supported his earnings with a role in Cougar Town, which paid around $275,000 per episode.
Courteney Bass Cox was born on June 15, 1964 in Birmingham, Alabama, to businessman Richard Lewis Cox and Courteney Copeland. She has two brothers, Dorothy and Virginia.
In 1974, Cox’s parents divorced and she moved in with her mother and stepfather, Hunter Copeland. She was an avid swimmer and tennis player as a child, and later attended Mount Vernon College.
Cox appeared in commercials in Paris and after graduation left Alabama to study architecture and interior design at Mount Vernon College. After signing with the renowned Ford Modeling Agency, she dropped out after a year to pursue her modeling career in New York.
She has graced the covers of teenage magazines such as Tiger Beat and Little Miss and numerous romance novels. She has since shot commercials for Maybelline, Noxema, New York Telephone Company, and Tampax.
Cox began her television career in 1984, appearing in episodes of As World Turns and Misfits of Science. She has also appeared in films such as Sylvan in Paradise, I’ll Be Home for Christmas, and Curiosity Kills.
Cox took a big break when Brian De Palma cast her in Bruce Springsteen’s video “Dancing in the Dark”. In 1985, she moved to LA, where she played the role of Lauren Miller, Michael J. Fox’s girlfriend in the hit TV series Family Ties.
In 1994, she starred as Monica Geller, one of the main characters in the TV series Friends, alongside Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry. The series was a huge success, praised by audiences and critics around the world.
Cox received numerous awards and nominations for her performance in Friends. Cox became famous after she appeared in the 1996 slasher film Scream. The film received positive reviews from critics and was a huge success. The following year, she appeared in Scream 2, the sequel to her first Scream film.
She also appeared in Down Twisted (1986) and co-starred in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) and Jim Carrey and Commandments (1997). Cox starred in Damian Liechtenstein’s 2001 action crime film 300 Mile to Graceland, which was a critical and commercially unsuccessful film.
But she made up for it the following year with her performances in Shrink Is In and Get Well Soon. She has since appeared in films such as Bedtime Stories (2008), The Butler’s in Love (2008), Scream 4 (2011), and Mother and Daughters (2016).
Cox received a 2010 Golden Globe nomination for the role of Divorced 40 in the 2009 TV series Cougar Town, which she also produced. Cox also appeared as a guest judge on the 2017 talent show The Gong Show.
Courtney Cox House
- In 2007, Cox paid $17.15 million for a home in Malibu, California and registered another home for $33.5 million, which was eventually reduced to $20 million.
- Cox paid $5 million for two condos in the luxury Sunset Strip towers in Beverly Hills. She sold her Beverly Hills home in 2014 for $18 million.
- Cox also owned a West Hollywood condo it sold for $2.9 million in 2020.
Courtney car collection
- Tesla Model S – $110,000
- Jaguar S-Type – $50,000
- Porsche 911 Carrera – $100,000
- BMW 7 Series – $157,800
- Range Rover Velar – $70,000
- Land Rover Range Rover – $91,000
- The last episode of Friends was watched by over 50 million American viewers.
- Monica Geller’s portrayal in the series earned her several nominations, including a People’s Choice Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a TV Guide Award.
- Cox was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in 2021 for Outstanding Variety Special for Friends: Reunion.
- In 2010, Cox was awarded the Women’s Image Network’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Cox was named Female Discovery of the Year at the 1995 Golden Apple Awards.
- The Friends show has made several listings, including TV Guide’s ’50 Greatest Shows of All Time’ and Empire Magazine’s ’50 Greatest Shows of All Time’.
- Coca Cola
- head shoulder
From 1990 to 1995 Cox had a relationship with actor Michael Keaton. In 1999, she married actor David Arquette and they have a child named Coco. After breaking up in 2010, Cox and Arquette filed for divorce in 2012. Cox is currently engaged to Johnny McDaid of the Snow Patrol band.