Jada Pinkett Smith’s recently reported prank has received a lot of backlash on the Internet. In Red Table Talk, Niki Ball revealed that her 12-year-old daughter, who suffered from alopecia, committed suicide after being ridiculed by her because of her hair loss.
Niki Ball was invited to share her painful experiences in the new edition of her Facebook Watch series Red Table Talk, which airs on Wednesday. The 50-year-old spoke about her personal struggles with her hair loss.
A mother recalls her deceased daughter who was bullied for her alopecia.
Rio Ball was diagnosed with alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease that started losing hair ‘handful by hand’ at the beginning of the pandemic and later caused uneven and irregular hair loss.
‘She was very resilient despite her hair loss. In a clip from the episode, Ball explains: “She rocked it even when it was still falling, and she just had this big bald patch.” ‘I experimented with the cream. They forced her to escape. I put the shot to the test. She took five of them in one day, but none of them were particularly useful.’
Ball revealed how Rio decided to shave her head during a touching meeting with Pinkett Smith with her mother Adrienne Banfield-Norris and her daughter Willow Smith.
‘As school approached, we bought her a very nice wig and she loved it and she shone,’ explained the mother. ‘But after a few weeks at her school, she said: “I don’t want to wear it anymore. It is pointless.”
Rio’s classmates refer to her as ‘naked mole rat’, ‘worm-eyed alien’, ‘Mr. and Mrs. Clean’ according to the ball. She said Rio had a “very bad day” at her school a few weeks before her death.
Rio committed suicide on March 14, 2022.
She said, “Rio!” When she can’t see Rio. ‘She couldn’t hear anything and she shouted once more,’ she explained.
‘I went into her room and she hung her from the attic bed with a pair of trousers,’ the mother sobbed.
Rio’s is an example of why people “need an awareness surrounding the horrors of this disease,” Pinkett Smith said crying with Ball.
Alopecia by Internet Trolls Red Table Talks & Jada Pinkett Smith
Jada’s fight against alopecia sparked a lot of headlines, starting with Chris Rock mocking her at the 2022 Academy Awards. Her internet quickly ridiculed her and called her out once again, but some of her continued to defend her. One Twitter user said she “scoured the world until she found someone who could tell a story that made Smith seem right about everything.” Another went too far, comparing her to her Amber Heard, adding that “Jada’s problem is that 90% of the population will see this nonsense straight ahead.” The remaining 10% are individuals who agree to support Amber Turd.”
Smiths scoured the world until he found someone who could tell a story that made it seem like he was right about everything.
— StoptheBS (@DivaGissel) May 31, 2022
One poster advised Jada to “grow up” and said, “Sleeping should stop crying and grow up like a baby. Almost everyone has bigger problems in their lives than they do.”
The problem with Jada is that 90% of the population will see this garbage straight ahead. The remaining 10% are those who admit to working with Amber Turd.
— Sal (@salhypes) May 31, 2022
However, not everyone criticized Jada because some people were moved by the story. It was her bullying that eventually took her life, and several followers rushed to her aid. One Facebook user wrote, “Thank you, dear Jada, for another beautiful and compassionate episode.”
“Beautiful and brave mother!” Other users wish the bereaved family well.
And Jada is crying to the bank
— Wayne Bennett (@WayneWbennett11) June 1, 2022