Princess Charlene of Monaco said she was “still feeble” in a rare interview after spending several months leaving the Duchy due to health problems.
The 44-year-old former Olympic swimmer, who married Prince Albert in 2011, spent several months in Switzerland treating several health problems, including what the Royal Palace of Monaco described as “severe general fatigue”.
According to the palace at the time, her health improved and she returned to Monaco in March and only recently resumed her official duties.
“My health is still poor and I don’t want to rush work,” she told the newspaper. nice martin Added on Wednesday. “It has been a long, difficult and painful road. I feel more at ease today.”
Her long absence fueled media speculation about a rift between Charlene and Albert, but the palace has repeatedly denied it.
Charlene praised her husband for his support and criticized the speculation, saying, “Like all humans, we have feelings and weaknesses, but our family gets the media attention and even the slightest weakness.”
Albert is the son of the late Prince Rainier III and actress Grace Kelly, who gave up her Hollywood career to become Princess Grace.
Charlene swam to South Africa at the 2000 Sydney Olympics and retired in 2007.
She and Albert married four years later in a lavish wedding in Monaco, a playground for the wealthy known for their grand prix races.
“I am very happy to be back home from Monaco,” Charlene said. nice martin.
The princess has been ill most of the past year and she has spent several months in her hometown of South Africa undergoing various medical procedures.
She returned to Monaco in November but soon left for Switzerland for further treatment.
Last month Charlene attended the Monaco E-prix and made her first public appearance with Albert since November.