Singer Ricky Martin was recently charged with incest and abuse by his 21-year-old niece.
Here’s everything you need to know.
Ricky Martin charged with incest and abuse
Ricky Martin received a domestic violence-related restraining order in Puerto Rico earlier this month.
The identity of the victim at the time was not disclosed. However, according to Spanish media, the singer’s older brother, Eric, said the victim was Martin’s 21-year-old niece, Denis Yadiel Sanchez.
Dennis is the son of the Latin pop star’s sister, Vanessa Martin.
Puerto Rican publication El Vocero reports that Dennis has claimed to have been dating Martin for seven months.
The young man accused Maria Musician of ‘inflicting physical and mental aggression’ on him during the relationship. The two also said that they broke up about two months ago.
Dennis also claimed that the father of four married children had wandered the neighborhood at least three times, saying the breakup was ‘reluctant’.
— Ricky Martin (@ricky_martin) July 4, 2022
Ricky Martin denies allegations
Ricky Martin’s lawyer, speaking with TMZ on Friday, denied all allegations made.
The lawyer said, “Unfortunately, the person who made this claim is suffering from deep mental health problems. Of course, Ricky Martin has never been and will never be involved in any kind of sexual or romantic relationship with his nephew.’
A spokeswoman said Martin and his legal team are looking forward to dismissing the case.
‘The idea is not only not true, it’s disgusting. We all want this man to receive the help he so desperately needs. But above all, we hope that this horrific case will be dismissed as soon as the judges confirm the facts.’
Martin himself said on Twitter that his injunction was based on “completely wrong allegations.”
The singer posted on her tweet, “The protective order against me is completely based on false facts, so I will respond through judicial procedures with the facts and dignity that characterize me.”
The singer’s lawyer reiterated similar feelings in an interview with the New York Post.
They claimed that ‘the allegations against Ricky Martin leading to the protective order were completely false and fabricated’. We are confident that our customer Ricky Martin will be fully justified if the facts on this matter come out.’
Ricky Martin was last caught while filming the new AppleTV+ miniseries in Los Angeles.