Woman charged with fatal push by vocal coach, angry at park closure

A New York woman accused of pushing a Broadway vocal coach to death was outraged at her being kicked out of the park, prosecutors said.

Lauren Fazienza, 26, is charged with shoving 87-year-old Barbara Gustern to the floor and causing brain damage when she fell on a sidewalk and hit her head.

She died five days after the unjustified attack on which Pazienza was charged with manslaughter and assault.

The Long Island native could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted, and a judge this week ordered her to be detained without bail, ruling that she was a potential fugitive.

Prosecutors in the case have now presented a timeline of what happened prior to her alleged attack on Gustern in March.

They said in court documents that she and her fiancée spent the evening of March 10 in the Chelsea area of ​​Manhattan to celebrate their 100th wedding anniversary.

According to documents filed by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, her fiancée told investigators that the phageenza had “a few glasses of wine”.

Then they took the food to Chelsea Park for a meal, but before they even finished eating, they said they had to leave before the park staff closes at 11pm.

The prosecution claimed, “The accused got angry and started yelling and swearing at the park staff, threw food at his fiancée, and then rushed out of the park.”

Pazienza’s fiancée told investigators that she didn’t know where she had gone, so she planned to pack up and return to their apartment in Queens.

Prosecutors said the suspect found Guston in a “storm” down the street. Guston told her friend her “b,” as it turned out that her “dying horse” had her dark haired woman “run across the street from her”. ***h” and she shoved her “never hit in her life.”

Prosecutors allege that Pazienza “turned around and walked over and made Gustern kneel on the sidewalk, bleeding from his head.”

According to court documents, the suspect weighed 175 pounds and the victim weighed less than 100 pounds at the time of death.

With the help of a friend, Gustern returned to a nearby apartment and was eventually taken to the hospital, but later died of injuries.

The coroner said the fatal wound that killed her was due to “significant force”.

Pazienza is due to appear in court again on July 26th.

Leave a Comment